This is the second class (week 2) in the 4-week session.
This 4-week class is designed for the beginning and intermediate sewer. Classes meet one day per week during the 4 week session for 2 hours.
When you register, choose one of the 4 available class days/times.
You will learn to read and cut patterns, understand sewing concepts like fabric grain, basting, marking, proper measurement and fitting, and much more!
Students will have the opportunity to work on projects under the supervision of a qualified instructor.
Fee is $80 for the four-week class.
Supplies needed to bring to class:
1. Select a pattern (choose one)*:
- Misses' Skirt:
- Simplicity 1559 - size 8 thru 22
- Unisex Pants:
- Simplicity 9132 Sizes XS - XL -or-
- Simplicity S9202 Sizes S - XL (This pattern is available to purchase here)
CHOOSE YOUR SIZE BASED ON YOUR HIP MEASUREMENT, NOT YOUR CLOTHING SIZE
- Plus size pants
- Simplicity 1446 Sizes: 18w-32w
*Simplicity Pattern S9202 is available to purchase here. The other patterns are available at Joanns, WalMart, Amazon, or the Simplicity website.
If you have difficulty finding the patterns, you can also choose one of the following patterns:
Pants: Simplicity 9129 or McCalls 9130
Skirt: McCalls 8051 or McCalls8068
2. Purchase Fabric and Notions:
- 3 yards of 45" wide (or wider) cotton or cotton blend woven fabric. PREWASH and PRESS FABRIC BEFORE CLASS. Fabrics can be purchased at Joanns, Vogue Fabrics, LZ's Textile Discount Outlet, or any number of online retailers.
Most supplies can be purchased here at Singer Factory Distributor.If you have any questions about the supplies needed, please call us at (773) 545-6834.Students will have the opportunity to work on projects under the supervision of a qualified instructor.
- 7" all-purpose zipper (needed only for skirt pattern)